The city of Troy, IL has opted to allow golf and utility cars to be street legal. Many Troy residents own and rent golf cars for this, and other uses such as golfing, camping, hunting and other special occasion uses on private lands.
Our service extends to Troy, IL and beyond. We provide sales of new and used golf carts, and service all brands. We can pick up and deliver to Troy, and provide rentals of golf cars as well.
From the City of Troy Website:
“A. All persons wishing to operate an allowed non-highway vehicle of the City streets must
ensure compliance with the following requirements:
1. Must have the minimum required liability insurance as set out in 625 ILCS 5/7-601 et
seq., and maintain proof of said insurance specifically for said non-highway vehicle
within the permitted vehicle.
2. Annual registration with the City of Troy is required of any non-highway vehicles
operated upon city streets.
3. Must have the vehicle certified with the City by inspection which will be conducted by
the Chief of Police or his designee.
4. Must comply with the rules established within this ordinance which may be periodically
5. Driver of any non-highway vehicle, as outlined in this ordinance, must be at least 18
years of age and possess a valid Illinois driver’s license.
6. All non-highway vehicles must be equipped as follows:
b. Brakes and brake lights;
c. Turn signals;
d. A steering wheel apparatus;
f. Rearview mirror…” Read More:
The City of Troy Golf Cart Ordinances
Golf Courses Near Troy
The 18 hole Spencer T. Olin Golf Course outside of Troy, IL is a semi-private course and is the only golf course within the St. Louis metro to be designed by Arnold Palmer. The near 7,000 yard golf course was designed to be a challenge even to the skilled golfer and has been a past host of both the men’s and women’s US Amateur Public Links Championships. The Spencer T. Olin Golf Course also offers a nine hole “Learning Center” course for new golfers looking to learn the sport.